- Development of funding strategy with donor mapping relevant to FAME’s manmade.
- Manage, coordinate and support proposal development for all existing and prospective institutional funders (Government, bilateral, multilateral, foundation and corporate).
- To extend support by working closely with programme and finance, to support grant reporting process and ensure that reporting requirements are met in a timely manner, ensuring mandatory compliance.
- Regular meetings with the programme and admin staff of partners and others and producing reports based on triangulated analysis to be incorporated in future programming and proposal development.
- Developing and maintaining contacts with donors, especially their local offices and building international donor liaison.
- To assist and facilitate the programme team in research.
- Contribute and nurture positive team spirit by taking initiatives for team building.
- Create FAME social media presence and proactively assist FAME web site and innovative use of digital technology.
- Ensure visibility and positive brand recognition of FAME both through the media and civil society forums through regular events and participation in activities.
- Study requests for proposal (RFPs); attend strategy meetings. Meet proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data.
- Review/rewrite proposal inputs and coordinate with management personnel to ensure.
- To maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with senior programme team.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, maintaining personal networks.
Required Competencies/skills and Experience:
A. Qualifications and Experience:
Master’s degree preferably in social sciences from a recognized university with 2 years of working experience on the similar JD with national and international organizations and firms.
B. Required Competencies and skills
- Organizational abilities and ability to work in a team.
- Strong interpersonal communication, writing skills.
- Excellent knowledge about donors and their proposal requirements.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and high motivation.
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Good level of conceptual and logical thinking.
- Excellent Communication (written and oral) and Public Relations skills.
- Good organizational, research, negotiation and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to identify, obtain and analyze information from a variety of sources.
- Flexible, adaptive, dynamic and willing to take initiative to complete tasks assigned.
- Highly motivated, responsible, self-directed, resourceful and flexible.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Required experience: Preferably in social sciences: 2 years